I am not a huge fan of Japanese cuisines, but whenever I’m invited to dine in a Japanese restaurant, I always say yes.
This week, me and my best friends ate in Koku spontaneously. Well, knowing one my best friends, I knew we will end up on something like this.
KOKU is a Japanese restaurant located at Salcedo, Makati. It is near Macdonalds, Jolibee, GT Tower, etc. I can always see this place without being curious on how their foods go. But last night, I accepted the challenge to dine.
For a lady like me, it was hard to decide on what to order. Yes, I’ve been to this kind of restaurants, but still, I am not a huge fan. I was caught between ordering a ramen, a carbonara and a rice meal.
At the end, the rice meal won.
The interior design of KOKU is really cool. Very Japanesey but not that we sit on the floor. We were well attended by the crew, and I couldn’t sense any irritability from them when we couldn’t determine our orders.
- Chicken Teriyaki Don – 3.5/5. I’ve tasted better. This one is good, but there is still room for improvement.
- Gyoza – 3/5. This is my first time to try this. It was nice and tasty. But based on my best friend, other restaurant/s serves better. But for me, who hasn’t eaten Siomai since birth, this is 4/5. (I think this is a siomai’s cousin)
- Shoyu Ramen – 2/5. My best friend’s order. He’s been to Japan. He said that there is something on this noodles.
- Tonkatsu Ramen – 3/5. My best friend’s order. He said that something is missing to this noodles as well.
- Fresh Fruit Shakes
- Mango Shake – 4/5. Mine! No milk. Very refreshing.
- Watermelon Shake. 3/5. Best friend said that there is no artificial juice mixed on it.
- Melon Shake. 3/5. Another best friend liked it, but looking for something better.
- 4/5. The crew are kind. They didn’t seem to be irritated with us. Though, they cleaned our table earlier than expected.
- 4/5. This is affordable compares to other restaurant.
G/F TWO CENTRAL
109 Valero St.,
Salcedo Village, Makati City,
Approved or Not?
Try KOKU today, and feel a Japanese cuisine soothing your soul.